Saturday, July 5, 2008

South Fork Bust...

So I went up and hit the river for a few hours. Caught as many fish as I would have if I stayed home! I was pretty suprised actually! My first cast I had one following my fly, but that was it! Not a single bite the rest of the night! I went with a couple guys from work. Dan Hilton is a Tech Aid with me in CT and he had never fly fished so he wanted to go with Matt and me. He took his spin rod and didn't get a bite with spinners, rapalas, worm or power bait! He tried the fly rod for a while, but didn't have any success their either.. Matt had to show me up again! He caught 3 fish out of one hole, all of them smaller, but bigger than mine! Then when we had a crowd, he hooked into a nice one and landed it! He also caught one when it was almost dark, so he ended up with 5. All of them hit on hares ears I think. Even though I didn't get into them, it was still a blast! I love it when it's warm enough to fish without waders! No other fishing trips planned for this next week, but on the 16th I'm going to the wind rivers for a few days. I better have some pics to show from that!!

1 comment:

Lance said...

Now this is my kind of blog!